A Fast and Delicious Salmon Salad
Salmon salad is a delicious quick and easy healthy meal. While many of us typically eat tuna salad this recipe switches the tuna for wild canned salmon and adds a little flare to lunch. For a lower fat version change the mayo and yogurt to a low-fat variety. This salmon recipe serves four.
- 2 cans of wild salmon (drained)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 8 leaves of lettuce
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Crumble the canned salmon into a bowl and remove any skin or bones.
- In a small bowl mix the mayo, celery, capers, pepper and yogurt.
- Add the salmon to the mix and toss a few times.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate and serve over top.
For some other variations on this salmon salad recipe try using different types of canned salmon, such as sockeye or coho instead of pink salmon. And, also please consider choosing a sustainable canned salmon to ensure that our salmon stocks remain healthy and available for future generations. Thank you.
If you want to buy wild sustainable sockeye salmon with no salt added for use in your salmon salad click here.